Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Beautiful Debrah

LOOK at that smile!! My mom is so beautiful! She's a woman on a mission! Stand up to Cancer!!

I apologize I've been MIA with my blog. I've had a kleenex in both hands for about 2 weeks. Foggy head, sneezing, and just keeping all my strength for my mom and my family. I'm finally on the downside of being sick, which I feel so weird to say since my mom is kickin' some tumors butt! My allergies or cold do not compare one bit!

Last Friday we had her check up with the Oncologist. We got record breaking news with her sodium levels! 137! WOW, we haven't seen that # in a long time! In the beginning when she was passing out we found out it was because her sodium level was low. They said it was due to the tumor and a hormone it was releasing to confuse her kidney. With this high #, could it be the treatment is working!

Please continue to keep my mom in your prayers. Today she begins a new journey with her treatment. For the next 3 days this week, she'll undergo 6 hours of chemo daily and 2 radiation treatments. This will make for long days, but she's mentally prepared and ready to fight! Mom will be staying in Dallas at Studio 6 Extended Stay With the help of my friend Chris he was able to reserve rooms at this hotel at no cost. We thank him, from the bottom and top of our hearts! You ROCK Chris!

Next week, she'll undergo the same treatment plan and she will be staying at the same place Monday through Friday. If you're in the area and would like to visit with my mom, take her out to dinner, or just have something delivered to the hotel, please contact me. She would love that and we appreciate it very much!

Our donation efforts are still going. Saturday I'm hosting a Scentsy Party and 20% of the sales will go to my mom. Everyone is encouraged to attend and if you can't, please visit www.alwayswickless.com and look for my name, Christina Calderon on the left of the web page. If you are local, I can deliver your product to you!

October 30th, sets the date for our Team Deb Garage Sale! If you have things you'd like to donate, please contact me at christinakay33@sbcglobal.net or call my cell at 817-713-6851

Many THANKS to those who continue to pray, live, laugh & love! Our family feels lifted up by your thoughts and prayers. Much love, Christy

No comments: